Serye: Palawan, El Nido Day 3 - Inland Tours, Sunset at Nacpan and Calitang Beaches

Nacpan Beach El Nido Palawan, Sunset

A two hours bumpy ride from El Nido to Nacpan Beach will be worth it for a long and serene beach of Nacpan. This beach is not yet commercialized. Only few sari-sari stores and hostel are around. Only few people visits this beach due to its distance from El Nido. I feel lucky enough to visit this together with my co-guests from Tour C - still, the undefeated, Ate Janet, April and Kat! They too felt like they own the long stretch of beach.

Nacpan Beach El Nido Palawan
Flat tires encountered and was expected! With this kind of rough road, an extra tire is essential. 
Photo-op with Ate Janet while Manong is changing the tires.
Nacpan Beach El Nido Palawan

Nacpan Beach El Nido Palawan Nacpan Beach El Nido Palawan
Photos c/o Kat

Waves are stronger here. Sand is not that white but is powder-like. After the Taraw Cliff Climb earlier this day, we had our very late lunch on a cottage in this beach. Roasted chicken is yum! Accompanied by fresh buko juice at a price of Php50.00, I already felt bloated. This ruined my chance to get good photos while the sun is up.

Nacpan Beach El Nido Palawan Nacpan Beach El Nido Palawan
Have it fresh, coconut! 

After a few minutes of waiting for the food to settle in our stomach, we went for a walk. The sun is already setting down.  I don't know where we are going, I just followed. It is a long walk towards the sun and I'm having reflections while walking (emo mode ON).

Nacpan Beach El Nido Palawan

Nacpan Beach El Nido Palawan

As I go closer to the sun I was surprised to see another beach on the other side of Nacpan Beach. It is called Calitang Beach. Nacpan and Calitang are called twin beaches. How cool is that?!

CALITANG BEACH


Calitang Beach El Nido Palawan
Right in the middle. Which side are you?
Calitang Beach El Nido Palawan
Calitang Beach. I believe there are homestays/hotels in here.
We walked towards a small mountain to have a better view of the sunset. After the Taraw Cliff Climb I felt like my fear of heights levelled-up. The mountain's not too high, but its steepness is scary. I don't wanna come down rolling on that mountain!

Nacpan Beach El Nido Palawan
See that small and steep trail on the right side? That's where I crawled.
Nacpan and Calitang Beach El Nido Palawan
The view from the small mountain. BEAUTIFUL!!!
I removed my slippers while trekking since I don't trust it! I was also amazed that a dog followed us up to that mountain. Up here you'll get a 360 degrees view of the place.

Nacpan Beach El Nido Palawan Nacpan Beach El Nido Palawan

dog Nacpan Beach El Nido Palawan, Sunset

Nacpan Beach El Nido Palawan

It is not too long when the sun finally come down and face the sea. It is so quiet all you can hear is the wind. The sun is making is its final bow for the day.

Nacpan Beach El Nido Palawan, Sunset

Nacpan Beach El Nido Palawan, Sunset

Mar 17, 2014, I bid goodbye to the sun, Nacpan and Calitang Beaches with a promise that I shall return and see this sunset again.

Big thanks to April and Kat for the experience!


You might also like my other post on this Palawan Serye:
Serye: Palawan, El Nido Day 1-2 The Island Hopping Tour C
Serye: Palawan, El Nido Day 3 - Inland Tours, Taraw Cliff Climb
Serye: Palawan, El Nido Day 4 - Island Hopping Tour A
Serye: Palawan, Puerto Princesa Day 1 - 2 Baker's Hill and Mitra's Ranch

Comments

Popular Posts